University of Western Australia: UWA School of Agriculture and Environment
Contact me for
- Sitting on boards or committees
- Providing an expert opinion
- Outreach activities
- Conference presenting
- Opportunities to collaborate
I am an Environmental Economist interested in improving the management of our natural resources. My research considers people's preferences for environmental management outcomes.
I studied Environmental Science with a major in Environmental Management at Wageningen University in the Netherlands. After briefly working at the Dutch Department of Foreign Affairs, I moved to the Australian National University for a Masters of Economics and a PhD in Environmental Economics
Since July 2010, I have been working at the UWA School of Agricultural and Resource Economics (now UWA School of Agriculture and Environment). My expertise lies in agricultural economics, mine rehabilitation, and non-market environmental valuation.
I have particular interests in
• Climate change mitigation in agriculture
• Values and preferences for restoration
• Integrating non-market values of environmental goods and services into decision making
Some projects that I am working on include
• Opportunities for crowdfunding climate change mitigation by agriculture
• Non-market valuation of post-mine land use and mine site rehabilitation
• Estimating the costs and benefits of improved weather forecasting in the WA wheatbelt
I am part of the Centre for Environmental Economics and Policy (CEEP).