What is Expert Connect?
Powered by CSIRO, Expert Connect is a publicly searchable database of Australia’s research expertise containing more than 70,000 expert profiles from over 220 research organisations. Expert Connect has been designed to boost industry-researcher collaboration, creating profiles for researchers automatically by drawing on authoritative sources that list research outputs, such as:
- patents - IP Australia
- grants - ARC and NHMRC
- journal articles - Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science
- media articles - The Conversation Media Group
- ORCID profiles/research organisation directories (populated with the above)
If you link to your Expert Connect profile STEM Women draws on this data source automatically to ensure your publication, grant and patent information stays up to date in real time.
Why don't I have an Expert Connect profile?
Expert Connect creates profiles by pooling existing research output and profiles.
The key data sources that have been used to create the Expert Connect profiles include:
- ORCID profiles
- The Conversation author profiles
- Staff directories at selected institutions (Expert Connect are progressively taking in data feeds directly from research institutions)
You can also merge all profiles by adding your ORCiD to your The Conversation profile.
If you have any issues with your Expert Connect profile please contact ICGlobal@csiro.au