Design & Accessibility Manager
Contact me for
- Sitting on boards or committees
- Providing an expert opinion
- Outreach activities
- Conference presenting
- Opportunities to collaborate
🔑 Unlocking potential through Inclusive UX | UX Design Leader | Australian Computer Society (ACS) Board Member | Award-Winning Accessibility Change Maker
I’m an award-winning User Experience (UX) Leader with over 20 years of experience helping leading organisations meet the evolving needs of consumers and achieve UX maturity.
My life’s work as a Designer and as a Leader is built on one simple idea - people’s needs are diverse and ever-changing. With an inclusivity lens, I set compelling strategies to unlock potential and value in new and existing markets. Playing to my teams’ strengths, I design accessible, human-centric solutions that work for everyone now, and into the future.
🔑 Key achievements to date:
🔓 Unlocking capability through People Leadership & Advocacy
- Led a high-performing team that delivers across multiple product streams, including Melbournewater.com.au, and multiple web and mobile apps.
- Awarded Victorian Public Service Enablers Change Maker Award 2021.
- Voted Chair of Kaleidoscope Disability Advocacy Network for my work in supporting inclusive industry standards.
- Nominated as Board Member at Australian Computer Society (ACS). ACS is the largest professional body in Australia representing the ICT sector
🔓 Unlocking value through Inclusive UX Design
- Designed a business-first Work Orders mobile app that saved Melbourne Water field staff $3m in lost work time
- Grew the UX maturity in Agile Product teams to reach the highest level - User Driven. Team design process and outcomes featured in the Melbourne Water Digital Strategy.
- Embedded accessibility as BAU within Agile product teams by influencing and designing a programme of training and cultural change.
🔓 Unlocking Organizational Performance
- Leveraged project successes to scale up UX from 1 person to a team of 4
- Grew Corporate UX maturity from Stage 1: Hostility Toward Usability to Stage 5: Managed Usability (Nielsen Norman Corporate UX Maturity Scale).
- Grew UX impact from team to organisational.
- Led and delivered on 100% of Melbourne Water’s IT Accessibility Goals. As a result, Melbourne Water ranked #1 in Accessibility innovation in the National Access and Inclusion Index.
Erin identifies as having a disability and neurodiverse.